Announcements + Candy Corn Oreo Truffles

Surprise! I’m posting on a Saturday. I know…a rarity. I meant to get this out last week but never found the time.

[Source]

First up, I’m going to bore you with a few announcements but, be sure to read until the end for a treat :)

Not So Fun…Theft
Blogging has up and downs for sure. I enjoy almost every single thing about blogging EXCEPT blog theft.

[Source]

I’m sure you’ve read a lot recently on other blogs about how theft {also known as scraping} has become a HUGE problem. Two of the easiest solutions to this are truncating blog posts and watermarking photos.
So, as you noticed last week, most of my blog posts will not be truncated and I changed my watermark to be a little more prominent.  It’s just a way for me to send this message to thieves.

[Source]

Now, as a blog reader, I understand that truncated posts aren’t everyone’s favorite. But, bloggers {including me} spend a lot of time and effort to develop crafts, recipes and other items to post about and that property needs to be protected.
So, please know that the decision to truncate my posts was not made lightly but I felt it was a necessary step.

Fun…Guest Posters
I am super lucky…I have some pretty talented folks amongst my readers. Yeah…you guys! I see it week after week at the Pinworthy Projects Party
Well, if you would like to show off a project or recipe of yours to my readers in a full length blog post, I would LOVE to have you! Just send me a quick email to justusfour {at} gmail {dot} com and we can get you a guest blog slot to share your work!

More Fun…Contributions
Speaking of guest posting…I have a BIG announcement to make. Recently, Sugar Bee Crafts decided to ask for contributors to her blog. I’m a HUGE fan of hers so I decided to apply. She’s got some pretty amazing blog friends though so I kind of figured I wouldn’t get selected.
Well, I was wrong! I got an email saying

[Source]

Say “hello” to the food contributor for Sugar Bee Crafts! {Yeah, that’s me if you hadn’t guessed!} I’ll be featuring a recipe over on her blog each month. I hope you’ll come over and check it out {don’t worry…I’ll remind you!}.
You can read more about all the contributors over on Mandy’s page

The Most Fun…Fall Recipe
I’ve been hesitant to post a lot of fall stuff because the weather here hasn’t be very fall like for long and I’ve been really busy with basement stuff. BUT, I decided to bust out my first fall post today as a “thank you” for slogging through those announcements up there :)

Ok, so what exactly is that little ball of deliciousness you see there? It’s a candy corn Oreo ball!

These came about when I was talking to Mathlete about a trip to Target for some stuff. He immediately said “ooh, get some candy corn Oreos while you are there.”
Honestly, I had no idea what he was talking about. Was that a “thing”? Then, in the store, I saw

I was immediately intrigued and bought a bag {or 3}.
One of my favorite things at neighborhood parties is when my friend Maribeth brings her Oreo balls. That sparked an idea…why not use these new Oreos to make a fall themed Oreo ball.  And thus, candy corn Oreo truffles were born.

What you’ll need:
- 2 packages of candy corn Oreos
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- Dipping chocolate
- Sea salt

Let’s make it:
1) Place one and half packages of candy corn Oreos (16 oz) in the food processor and pulse to chop them up some.

2) Add the cream cheese and turn on the processor to combine. It will look a little like a thick icing.

3) On a baking sheet covered with wax paper, place tablespoon sized balls. Put in freezer for 10-15 minutes.

4) Melt your dipping chocolate. Using a toothpick, dip the cold balls into the chocolate and swirl to coat. Place back on the wax paper and sprinkle with sea salt.

5) Let sit for 10-15 minutes so that the chocolate is fully set. Enjoy!

shannah

Let's stay connected...

Enter your Email:

Comments

1. Congrats Shannah, that’s an amazing goal to have reached! So happy for you to get to contribute your sweet recipes to another blog!

ps, I’d love to guest post on your lovely blog at some point! You let me know.

Kim

2. Wesens-Art says:

Stopping over from the networking blog hop!
    I´m your new follower via GFC!
    Check out my blog sometime and follow back if you like!

3. Tonia L says:

So cute! I like all the variation but I think the mini pumpkins are my fave.

4. Heather says:

Those truffles look sooo yummy! Thanks for the recipe!

5. Oh, yummy! Will have to pick up some oreos! Thank you

6. First of all I had never heard of candy corn Oreos. That alone must be crazy good. Then you kicked it up several notches and made truffles to die for. I will surely be doing this this fall.

Paula

7. Awesome recipe, I’m all for chocolate covered things!

I saw this on Creative Thursday’s linky party. I shared a pumpkin carob donut recipe that I’d love you to check out as well!

8. Emily says:

yumalicious!

9. Awesome recipe- I didn’t know those Oreos existed.

As for the theft. It drives me crazy. I had someone take my images of my kids & use them for her fake life on Facebook. I really wish the blogging platforms would do more to stop all this from happening.

10. Awesome recipe- I didn’t know those Oreos existed.

11. Shelley says:

Too yummy! :D

12. You will be such a great contributor. I am excited for you. and oh my heck about the blog theft. That is crazy and so wrong.

13. Jaime says:

Oh wow, those are sweet!

14. These truffles look awesome! I didn’t know about Candy Corn Oreos – now I’m curious!

15. When I first clicked I thought there was an entire cookie in there… you actually crushed them… This is so Kool!
    Link on my blog if you can. I would love to have you over.

16. These sound so yummy! :)

17. Thanks so much for linking to Make the Scene Monday, you are being featured later today!

18. Shannah,
    Love this! I didn’t know they made candy corn Oreo’s. Sounds delish!

As for the blog theft; how would a person find out if this is happening? Now I’m worried about all the work I put into my blog. Thanks for the advice on how to truncate. I’ll definitely take that into consideration.
    Michelle

19. You bad girl! These look so good! Thank you for sharing this at my Make it pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

20. Swede Dreams says:

My kids would be all over these! New to your blog! Angie

21. You’re a STAR! Featuring your mouth-watering recipe today on the blog. Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create!

<3 Christina

22. I’m hosting an It’s Fall Y’all ~ Linky Party. I would love for you to share this, and any other Fall projects you have! Hope to see you there :)

23. Hilani Ellis says:

Congrats Shannah! That’s awesome news! :)

24. Jaime Lyn says:

yayyy!!!! I am SO happy for you! You are going to be an AMAZING contributor!
    Jaime

25. Thyme Lule says:

Those look so amazing! I can not wait to make some! Found you on Happy Hour!
    Feel free to follow back!

14aixty.blogspot.ocm

26. Oh my gosh, a friend was just telling me about these last night! I’m going to be on the hunt for those Oreos. The salt on top is perfection! Stopping by from the Simply Designing link party!

27. I just wanted to let you know I featured you today on Blissful and Domestic. Stop by and check it out:>

Danielle @ Blissful and Domestic