Of course, I didn’t want to go straight turkey or ham for my sandwiches. I wanted something fun and different.
What do you need?
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 4 Tbsp green onion, minced
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 pear
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard (I like the chardonnay variety)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Rolls (I used Pepperidge Farm Ciabatta rolls)
- romaine lettuce leaves
- swiss cheese
Let’s get cooking!
For the beef, combine all the ingredients except for the pear in a ziploc bag. Finely grate the pear and add it to the bag along with any extra juice. Marinate overnight.
The next day, throw the flank steak on a hot grill to sear it. Then, cook until medium. Let rest 10 minutes before thinly slicing.
While the flank steak rests, you can prep the other ingredients.
Mix together the mayonnaise, mustard and garlic. Spread this on each of the rolls. Top with the thinly sliced beef. Add the lettuce and cheese and you are done!
Yummy sandwiches ready for the road!
- You can add tomato slices or even roasted tomatoes if you want.
- Change up the cheese as you want. We just happened to have swiss around.
- Don’t want to finely grate a pear? Just add about 4 Tbsp of pear juice.
Check out sandwich #1 here!
© 2012 Just Us Four. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.