So, quick weeknight dinners that require little hands-on cooking time are a must. Many times I achieve this by prepping freezer meals that I know I can easily pull out and throw in the oven or onto the stove to cook. All the prep work is already done so the meal comes together easy.
Spaghetti with peppers and onions is one of my go to meals for freezer meals AND busy weeknights. In fact, on the night I cook it, I just usually double the ingredients and put half into a container in the freezer for a later date.
What you’ll need:
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 onion, sliced
1 tsp garlic
2 tsp olive oil
8 oz spaghetti
1 15 oz can tomato sauce
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Let’s make it:
1) Prepare the spaghetti for 2 minutes shorter than the package directions say. Drain.
2) In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add peppers and onions and saute for 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute for an additional minute.
3) Sprinkle basil and oregano over peppers and onions. Add tomato sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes.
4) Add pasta to pepper mixture and toss to combine. Cook over medium heat for another 2 minutes.
5) Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
If you want to freeze it, put it in a lightly greased casserole dish. Thaw the night before you want to cook it. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake, covered with foil, for 40 minutes.
What are your go to weeknight meals?
© 2012 Just Us Four. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.