I love the ease of preparing meatloaf! I don’t always love the amount of baking time required to bake a full meatloaf though so I usually try to bake it in much smaller portions.
Enter the meatloaf muffin!
What you’ll need:
1 lb ground chicken
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 tsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, very finely minced OR grated
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
4 oz fresh mozzarella, cut into cubes
1/2 cup marinara sauce
Let’s make it!
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
2) In a small skillet, pour 1 tsp olive oil and heat to medium. Add onion and garlic and lightly sauté for 1-2 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
3) In a large bowl, mix ground chicken, egg, breadcrumbs, onion mixtures, dried herbs, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup grated parmesan together. Gently mix with hands.
4) Fill each muffin cup about 1/3 full with meat mixture. Place one cube of fresh mozzarella in each muffin cup. Then, evenly divide the remaining meat mixture on top of the mozzarella.
5) Cover the top of each “muffin” with marinara sauce and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
6) Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until fully cooked.
What is your favorite type of meatloaf?
© 2012 Just Us Four. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.