Hearts and Kisses for Valentine’s Day

I have been steadily decorating for Valentine’s Day and loving it!  I saw these Hershey’s kisses and hugs while I was running errands and brought them home to put out for treats.
Valentine's Day Candy Machine with Label_wm

I had seen a “gumball” machine online before and thought it would be a great way to contain those hugs and kisses.  I picked up a bunch of supplies from the craft store:
- Ceramic planter
- Ceramic dish
- Glass bowl
- Wooden doll head
- Paint
- Super Glue

I started by getting my supplies together.
Using my gloss enamel paint, I painted 3 coats of the red paint onto each of the three pieces.
Using super glue, I glued the wooden doll head onto the top of the planter.
Then, I glued the bowl to the inverted planter.
Once the glue was all dry, I put the whole thing together
I filled the bowl with my hugs and kisses.
Then, I tied some white ribbon around it to complete the look.

Valentines Day Candy Machine_wm Valentines Day Candy Machine Angled_wm Valentines Day Candy Machine with Candy_wm
What have you been crafting for Valentine’s Day?  Do you like the hugs or kisses better?

Let's stay connected...

Enter your Email:

Comments

1. What a cute idea!! I love the shade of red that you chose to paint with.
    Erika@ TheLindenLife recently posted…A baby showerMy Profile

2. ngnrdgrl says:

It looks like a gum ball machine!!! I love it! What a great idea.
    ngnrdgrl recently posted…Groceries Delivered! Why not?My Profile

3. Super cute and creative! I’d love for you to link to my party- http://atozebracelebrations.com/2013/01/link-party-4.html
    Nancy :)

4. Rita says:

This turned out so cute! Thanks for sharing your tutorial.
    Rita recently posted…Easy Maxi SkirtMy Profile

5. Very cute! My girls would love this decoration.
    KC
    KC @ The Real Thing with the Coake Family recently posted…American Girl Craft {Valentine Mailboxes}My Profile

6. What a super-fun idea!
    I love it…..

hugs x
    Crystelle
    Crystelle Boutique recently posted…Published in Apronology Magazine ~  Oh My!My Profile

7. OMG! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this. I am making one for my daughter for Valentines. Her blog is gumballsandcottoncandy.com
    She love gumballs, thank you. I would love for you to come share it at my link party going on now over at memoriesbythemile.com
    Wanda Ann @ Memories by the Mile
    Wanda Ann @ Memories by the Mile recently posted…Tuesday Trivia–WASHINGTONMy Profile

8. This is cute. I am featuring this at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com.

9. Patty says:

Very curt! I’ve seen it before too I would like to make one!

10. Amy says:

This is beyond cute!! You know I’m going to have to make a million of these now, right?! One in every color!! I would just love if you would share this over on Inspiration In Progress!
    Amy recently posted…Come Link Up! Inspiration In Progress!!My Profile

11. I love this! Found you on the pinning party! Pinning this!
    Raquel @ Organized Island recently posted…Paper OrganizationMy Profile

12. val says:

very cute! I did a little heart pincushion to giveaway today….so stop by and enter!

13. mindie says:

Very pretty! Thanks for sharing at Bacon Time! Hope your V day is awesome.
    mindie recently posted…DIY Table Scatter Heart EarringsMy Profile

14. Britni says:

This is incredible Shannah! I was going to ask you where you got the candy machine and then I saw that you just went up and made it, love it!
    Britni recently posted…Free Printable Monthly Blogger ChecklistMy Profile

15. Camila says:

I’m so in love with this! how cute and clever =D

XOXO
    Camila recently posted…Turning Baby Headbands into Girl’s Cute Hair ClipsMy Profile