20 DIY Halloween Costumes

October has hit. Panic has set in at the Just Us Four house because the kids don’t have Halloween costumes picked out yet.  Typically, we have our costumes in hand by early September so we get the pick of what is available.  I am totally blaming PBK for this lapse in Halloween preparation since their catalog is usually what prompts me to order costumes.  This year, I am thinking our late decisions on what to be will leave us with a lot less choices.  So, like any good mom/blogger, I went cruising the interwebs and found 20 DIY Halloween costumes that could serve as back-ups…or first choices if DIY Halloween costumes are your thing! Halloween Costume Collage
In this collection, you’ll find something for adults and kids alike :)  Even though so of them have been shown on adults, I think you could easily transform most of them into kid costumes too.

Modern Kiddo - Jelly Bean  Bag of Jelly Beans from Modern Kiddo

The Chirping Mom - Curious George  Curious George and the Man in the Yellow Hat from The Chirping Moms

Dukes and Duchesses - Colorful Lego Man Costume

Colorful Lego Man Costume from Dukes and Dutchesses

The Berry - Forest Gump and Lt. Dan Forest Gump and Lt. Dan from The Berry

Costume Works - Cruella DeVil Cruella DeVil from Costume Works

GW Goodstuff - Minion Despicable Me Minion from Goodwill’s Goodstuff

Wait Til Your Father Gets Home - Clark Kent Clark Kent from Wait Til Your Father Gets Home

A Night Owl Blog - Gator Boys Gator Boys from A Night Owl Blog

I am Momma Hear Me Roar - Thor Thor Costume from I Am Momma Hear Me Roar

The Train to Crazy - The Birds Alfred Hitchcock’s The Birds from The Train to Crazy

Make It and Love It - Pregnant Skeleton Pregnant Skeleton from Make It and Love It

Keiko Lynn - Mary Poppins Mary Poppins from Keiko Lynn

C.R.A.F.T. - Fred and Wilma Fred and Wilma from C.R.A.F.T.

This Mama Loves - DIY Glow in the Dark Skeleton Costume Shirt Glow in the Dark Skeleton Shirt from This Mama Loves

Nellie Bellie - DIY Mummy Costume Super easy Mummy from Nellie Bellie

Black and White Obsessions - DIY Lego Man Costume Lego Man Costume from Black and White Obsession

Acasarella - DIY Jellyfish Costume DIY Jellyfish Costume from Acasarella

R and R Workshop - DIY Charlie Brown Costume Homemade Charlie Brown from R and R Workshop

30-Minute-Rockstar-Costume 30 Minute Rock Star from 30 Minute Crafts

The Benson Street - Homemade Rubiks Cube Rubiks Cube from The Benson Street

Ok, so time to share: Do you dress up for Halloween?  Do you typically buy or make the costumes for you or your kids?

You can find this post shared at the list of parties found here.

Let's stay connected...

Enter your Email:

Comments

1. Annie says:

Great list! I am amazed by their creativity! Since I started sewing I make my daughter’s costumes, but I can never be that creative.
    Annie recently posted…DIY Tiana CrownMy Profile

2. Sarah says:

Cutest collection of costumes I’ve seen so far! Sharing on G+, twitter, Pinterest, and Facebook!
    Sarah recently posted…Maple Cinnamon Granola from The Back in the Day Bakery CookbookMy Profile

3. Ashley B. says:

Awe, love the Flintstones and the Jelly Fish! My daughter wants to be a superhero this year and my son still has no idea what he wants to be. My kids like the getting candy aspect more then they do the dressing up bit, lol.
    Ashley B. recently posted…2am ExorcismsMy Profile

4. AzzH says:

Really cute costumes, I love the rubix cube its a really good idea i have never seen before, i don’t think it should be complete though lol. also he should cover the face with a mask like in shadow art to complete the effect

5. Shannah, what a great list of costumes and I’m sure a lot of moms will totally appreciate the inspiration and ideas! Thanks for sharing and pinning! Have a great Thursday! :)
    Cindy Eikenberg recently posted…Pumpkin Candy Boxes for Fresh Idea StudioMy Profile

6. Debbie Denny says:

This list is awesome. Great pictures and ideas! Thanks
    Debbie Denny recently posted…Pixie Vacations – Perfect Disney Dream Vacations! #pixievacationsMy Profile

7. Milena says:

OMG! I can’t tell which ones I like better! The Lego characters are great. I dress up with the kids. It’s always a bit of both- homemade and store bought!
    Milena recently posted…10 Things I Learned This Week 10/14My Profile

8. I love, love , love these ideas! If want to give out more candy if I saw them!

9. Emily says:

how fun!! Some of these are just hilarious :o) and a bit freaky :o) Pinned!!! Emily
    Emily recently posted…Kids Clothing Week 3 {sewing pajamas}My Profile

10. Mary Ellen says:

So cute, pinned for you!
    Mary Ellen recently posted…Baked Acorn Squash with Maple Pecan ButterMy Profile

11. The bag of jelly beans is so cute~
    Virginia @thatbaldchick recently posted…Building Imagination with K’NexMy Profile

12. kathy balman says:

love these ideas. we always make our costumes. This year I have a cowgirl and ninjago ninja.
    kathy balman recently posted…Pumpkin Patch FunMy Profile

13. Some of these made my chuckle. Love them!

14. That little Cruella de Vil look is just impossibly cute!
    Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell recently posted…Good Fortune In Every BoxMy Profile

15. AWESOME post- Cruella DeVil is my fav!
    Elizabeth@ Food Ramblings recently posted…Shrimp and Grits CasseroleMy Profile

16. Jennifer B says:

These costumes are amazing!! I have always wanted to try making our own costumes but when it comes down to it, I can’t seem to think of anything good! Here is some real inspiration!
    Jennifer B recently posted…Stratus Prep Hiring Proofreader Work At HomeMy Profile

17. Heather says:

Those are some really great costumes. I think next year I will make my kids their Halloween costumes.
    Heather recently posted…Happy Marriage PrintableMy Profile

18. Danyelle says:

I have to admit, I buy the kids costumes and don’t wear one when we go out. It takes so much time to get them ready that I just don’t have the energy for me!
    Danyelle recently posted…Footprint Ghost Halloween KeepsakeMy Profile

19. These are all such great ideas! Thanks for sharing! Stopping by from the Daily Blog Boost :)
    Cara @ Craftdictator recently posted…Black and White TableMy Profile

20. Dee says:

So many awesome ideas – thanks!!
    Dee recently posted…Costume Express – American Indian Man Adult Costume For HalloweenMy Profile

21. OMGosh I LOVE these!! I think my favorite is the mummy.
    Danielle @ We Have It All recently posted…Teen Fairytale Costume | Little Red Riding HoodMy Profile

22. Theresa says:

What fun ideas!

23. These are so cute! Such great imagination!!!
    Laurie – Steals and Deals for Kids recently posted…Girls Life Magazine Only $7.29 (reg. $18) Today Only 10/24My Profile

24. Lisa says:

Awesome list!
    Lisa recently posted…What shoes do I wear to the #DisneyFrozenEvent?My Profile

25. Brett says:

Omg. Lieutenant dan. Dying laughing.

Ps thanks for including mine!!

26. I was that same exact Rubik’s cube back in 1985! Made it myself, too.

And I love that bag of jellybeans!

27. These are just adorable! I especially love that little Clark Kent! Thank you for the great collection and Thank you for linking up to Twirl and Take a Bow! xo
    Robin~All Things Heart and Home recently posted…Owl CraftMy Profile

28. Do you dress up for Halloween? Usually No!!!
    Do you typically buy or make the costumes for you or your kids? It depends on my time I try to make my kids costume and I like using stuff that can be reused in another outfit later.. but I have bought store costumes before..

I love the Jelly fish costume it looks so cute.. and easy to do…
    Carmen’s Coupon Blog recently posted…$2.00 off one Eucerin Face Care ProductMy Profile

29. Cruella DeVille is about the cutest thing I have ever seen!!! <3
    jordyn @ Almost Supermom recently posted…Gluten Free Pumpkin Spice White Chocolate Chip CookiesMy Profile

30. We do not celebrate Halloween, but I did enjoy seeing these creative costumes. I really liked the jellybean costume.
    Janeane Davis recently posted…Take The Mystery Out of Running Your Business – How Do Your Competitors Do ItMy Profile

31. We don’t celebrate halloween but these look really cute :)
    Katherine Bartlett recently posted…Protecting Your Kids Online with HotSpot ShieldMy Profile

32. DesignedByBH says:

Shannah, these are so cute! I can’t even pick a favorite…
    I hope that your Halloween costumes are all in order at this point!
    Thanks for linking this up at Twirl & Take a Bow! Hope you’ll come back this week!
    ~ Brooke ~